Thank you to all our wonderful Guest Teachers!
Our Preschool and Extended Care Programs are grateful for our Guest Teachers' flexibility, compassion, and time towards our students and staff. This open position is available to those that qualify (job description details below). There will be a Guest Teacher orientation in August for our upcoming school year! To apply, please contact the preschool office today!
St. Mary Preschool & Extended Care Guest Teacher Job Description
It is the responsibility of the Guest Teacher (Substitute) to support the planning and implementation of the daily activities in the classroom and other duties as assigned.
Title: Guest Teacher (Substitute)
- As scheduled for classes or position assigned
- 2-3 hour time slots in an assigned day during our school hours of 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
Wages: Per hour rate starting at $10.00/hour.
The qualified candidate will be 18 years old or older. Be available to work all scheduled hours assigned for the teacher being covered for that day. Be responsible, dependable, flexible and enjoy working with children. Pass necessary background checks. Attend “Safeguarding All God’s Children” program, and other educational/informative classes as required.
- Lead or assist in the supervision of the children, preparation of materials, and observation of each child. The Guest Teacher will follow any lesson plans or activities prepared for that day.
- Execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the educational and religious curriculum.
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents.
- Project a positive and caring attitude.
- Provide an updated schedule of days and times available to substitute to the Director.
- Be available for contact by the Director or a staff member when a guest teacher is needed.
- Function as an advocate for children and families.
- Function as a model of professionalism in Early Childhood Learning.
- Maintain the educational and Catholic philosophies of St. Mary Parish.
- Perform other duties as may be needed or assigned by the Director.