Burlington Catholic Athletics Association
For updated athletic information and calendar, visit the Burlington Catholic Athletics website.
An exciting turning point in our tri-parish family has allowed us the opportunity to combine the athletic programs of St. Mary and our neighboring St. Charles to form Burlingon Catholic Athletic Association. Aside from a long tradition of sports and team spirit at both schools, the two also have a long legacy of partnering on any initiative which ultimately benefits the growth, faith, and academic lives of our students. There are organizational strengths in both programs today that, when combined, created one solid program. The most important aspect we considered is our student athletes. If combining athletics would have been to the detriment of playing time and skill-building opportunities, we wouldn't have combined resources.
Burlington Catholic follows the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Our league includes approximately fifteen Catholic grade schools in an area north to Oconomowoc, east to Brookfield, south to Burlington, and west to Dousman. The rich variety of schools included in this league gives teams good competition as well as a chance to experience peers from school with different size enrollments in rural and suburban environments.
Presently the program is able to provide three sports to both boys and girls in grades 5-8.
The Athletic Committee assists in providing volunteer and financial support to the BCA athletic teams.
The objectives of this association are:
- to promote athletic activities
- to provide financial support for athletic activities
- to encourage athletic participation and good sportsmanship
- to coordinate all activities between school administration and the association
- to promote a good working relationship with Catholic Central HS Athletic Association
Membership in the association includes:
- all parents whose child/children participate in any / all interscholastic sports
- all members of the athletic committee
- all coaches
- any interested person by approval of the committee
The athletic committee consists of the grade school principals, athletic directors, a secretary, a treasurer, sports co-coordinators and scheduling co-coordinators. Nominations for these positions are open to all school parents. Elections are held in April. Each elected member serves a two-year term. Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of the month.
- Scott Stevens, Kent Strong and Andrea Clapp - Athletic Directors
- Troy Loos and Jen Bauman - Volleyball Director
- Troy Loos - Basketball Director
- Jon Muellenbach - Track Director
- Rachel Delgado - Secretary
- Chad Henderson - Treasurer
- Tracy Mann - Parent Volunteer Coordinator
- Sarah Wiess - Uniforms
- Heather Askin - Spirit Wear
- Laurie Hynes, Doug Weis, Carrie Reesman, Leslie Gonzalez and Scott Drissel - Concessions
- Loretta Jackson and Mary MacDonald - Principals
Date: 2nd Monday of the month
Location: St. Charles Activity Center lobby