Over 155 Years of Tradition
Three Notre Dame Sisters arrived in Burlington on December 7, 1860 to begin a school at the Catholic Church. This first school building at the corner of McHenry and Jefferson Streets had 110 students in two classrooms. By March of 1861 the St. Sebastian building opened as a school.
A new school was dedicated on September 5, 1924. By 1936, the old stone church was remodeled for primary grades. In 1955, a new two-story school facing State Street with twelve classrooms, offices, kitchen and cafeteria became a reality.
Today we have three hundred students in 18 classrooms and other specialty classrooms, gymnasiums, technology labs…