Catholic Schools Week
Burlington Catholic School (BCS) is pleased to invite you to our first annual Open House Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM! All are encouraged to begin the day celebrating mass at either church, followed by tours of both campuses. You will see the work from our talented students, meet faculty and staff, and participate in a few fun activities including a scavenger hunt - students who complete the hunt will be entered into a drawing!
Sunday, January 27 - Celebrating Our Parish
- A Burlington Catholic Open House will follow our launching at the 8:00 Masses at St. Mary and St. Charles. The Open House will feature two campuses, a number of buildings, a pancake breakfast, a book fair and so much more!! The event will run from after Mass, 9:00 until 12 noon.
- North Campus (formerly St. Charles) - K4-3rd grade
- FREE Pancake and Egg Breakfast in Andre Hall
- Visit classrooms in grades K4-3rd grade to meet BCS staff and see student work from both campuses
- South Campus (formerly St. Mary) - 4th-8th grade
- Bake Sale (7th grade class fundraiser) and Scholastic Book Fair in Cafeteria
- Visit classrooms in grades 4th-8th grade to meet BCS staff and see student work from both campuses
- Stop by Catholic Central High School to see the shared facilities - gym, computer lab, and Topper Hall where our 4th-8th grade students will have special classes.
- St. Mary Preschool (Notre Dame building on South Campus) - 2.5-4 year olds
- Visit the preschool classrooms for 2.5-4 year olds and meet the staff
Monday, January 28 - Celebrating Our Community
- Students will be writing thank you letters to community workers
- Leftover bake sale treats will be available for students to purchase (bring in your quarters!)
- Team Jersey Day! (students who participate on local sports teams are encouraged to wear team jersey/t-shirt or any sport jersey - with uniform bottoms)
Tuesday, January 29 - Celebrating Our Families
- Family Lunch - Special people in the lives of our students will be able to join us for lunch. By last name. *Response and money required to school by Friday, January 25
- By last name S-Z 11:00 N-R 11:15 K-M 11:30 D-J 11:45 A-C 12:00
- Our annual Academic Pursuit competition will follow in the afternoon. Teachers vs traveling teams as well as classroom competitions beginning at 12:30 PM in Topper Hall
- Funny Hat Day! (uniform tops and bottoms)
Wednesday, January 30 - Celebrating Vocations and Service
- Speakers from various service organizations will speak to the students
- Career Day! Students can dress in clothing of a favorite career.
Thursday, January 31 - Celebrating Unity: BCS Day!
- A Mass to celebrate Catholic Education will be held in the big gym with students from St. Mary, St. Charles, Catholic Central, St. Joseph Big Ben, St. Leonard Muskego, and St. Mary Preschool at 10:00 AM. Regular uniforms due to Mass.
- K of C sponsored lunch as well as games with St. Charles buddy classrooms
Friday, January 31 - Celebrating Our Students and Staff
- Buddy Bingo in the cafeteria
- "Relax and Read" - Students will enjoy some silent reading time and a treat
- Pajama Day!
Please invite your extended family, friends, and neighbors to eat some great food and see our wonderful school at Open House! Any questions, please contact the school offices or websites.
St. Charles (North Campus) - K4-3rd grade
Principal Emily Berg
Ph: (262) 763-2848
449 Conkey St, Burlington
St. Mary (South Campus) - 4th-8th grade
Principal Loretta Jackson
Ph: (262) 763-1515
225 W State St, Burlington
St. Mary Preschool (South Campus) - 2.5-4 year olds
Director Denise Morrissey
Ph: (262) 763-1501
225 W State St, Burlington
Spring Auction Event - Paddy Gras 2019
St. Mary School invites you to support Paddy Gras 2019, to be held on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at Veteran's Terrace at Echo Park in Burlington from 6 PM to Midnight. Paddy Gras is our school’s primary fundraiser and includes dinner, silent and live auctions.
Online bidding -- paddygras.gesture.com!
Drink specials 6-7pm (cash bar)
Dinner provided by Di Carlo Trattoria & Catering 6-8pm
Silent Auction 6-10:30pm
Live Auction 8:30-9:30pm
Music provided by Triple D Band.
Purchase tickets at paddygras.gesture.com or contact the school office. Limited supply.
Last year’s auction event was attended by nearly 300 people and attracts more attendees each year, but we depend on the added support of our friends in the business community who help us with exciting auction items and donations. It is a win/win situation when we benefit from your donation and you receive the goodwill and recognition which comes as a result of your generosity. Would you be willing to donate either a gift certificate or merchandise from your business?
Sponsor our event or donate items: paddygras.gesture.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!